Thursday, May 19, 2011

Love Dare; Day 1.


Our marriage isn't perfect, infact we both have trials and errors. Am I saying that our marriage needs work? Not technically, but there's always different ways of improving anything weither it's a job, parenting, relationships, marriage, and even yourself. I'm addicted to the "Fireproof" movie and considering that my husband himself is a firefighter that takes in a factor, but this book is what sold me 100%. If you haven't seen the movie I suggest checking that out before the book, so you can see the actual outcome. It's 40 days worth of challenges, that help you improve your relationship. I currently just started this book last night, so I'm on day one. So here we go (and no, i'm not giving you the whole entire book. I'm going to make you actually read it for more).

Day One of the Love Dare:
"Love is patient"

Verse: Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. --Ephesians 4:2

A part into the chapter itself is:
"Love works. It is life's most powerful motivator and has far greater depth and meaning that most people realize. It always does what is best for others and can empower us to face the greatest of problems."

"Love is built on two pillars that best define what it is. Those pillars are patience and kindness"

--So going off of the patient and kindness part of the chapter, the actual dare was: "Demonstrate patience and to say nothing negative to your spouse at all." And of course it's got in there as well "it's better to hold your tongue then to say something you'll regret."

--Now, of course you'll say "hey that's easy", until you actually do it. My husband and I don't really have that many issues. Communication is  huge thing of ours that we seem to lack in. Even though I was having a bad day, and there was many things I wanted to say or complain about I remembered that I couldn't (hence the point that this was so hard) but I told him that I wasn't able to say anything negative to him or about him. That's what I took out of this, and I didn't even really complain to him at all. That's just day one, but i'm pretty excited to see how this road goes, & a HUGE thanks to "Fireproof" the movie & Stephen Kendrick & Alex Kendrick for this AMAZING read.

1 comment:

  1. Ivan and I did the Love Dare and it was amazing for us!! :)

    ReplyDelete